Junior Club Championships Finals
Our Annual Junior Club Championships are now Live. Rules of the competition are displayed below.
PLEASE DO NOT ENTER IF YOU WILL BE UNAVAILABLE FOR MORE THAN TWO CONSECUTIVE WEEKS DURING THE COMPETITION OR FOR FINALS DAY ITSELF!
- Entries. All entries to be made online via CLUBSPARK website. Closing date for online entries is Wednesday 28th July 2021. Championships run from Monday 2nd August to finals day, Saturday 23rd October, with the 24th October as a reserve.
- Singles. Enter own name only. If eligible, a player can enter both main and 45+ singles events. (Also see note 8. below re consolation draws)
- Ladies 45+ Singles. Open to all aged 45 or over.
- Gents 45+ Singles. Open to all aged 45 or over.
- Ladies’ / Men’s Doubles. Enter own name and name of partner (with consent).
- Mixed Doubles. Enter your own name only as this is a balloted (drawn) event.
- Juniors. Any juniors interested in entering senior events must have their entry approved by Ash
- Consolation Draws. Players in both Ladies and Gents Open Singles Competitions who lose their first matches will be entered into a separate Plate Competition which will then continue alongside the main competition under the same rules. Watch the noticeboard/online draws for the Plate ties after your first match.
- Format. The format for ties is the best of three tie-break sets. Junior events will have relevant format displayed on draw sheets.
- Players MUST be available to play on Finals Day at the designated time. Juniors Finals will be Saturday 16th October and the 17th as a reserve, the Finals day for Adults is Saturday 23rd October (in the event of bad weather Sunday 24th October is the reserve day). On finals days, senior matches will commence between the hours of 11am and 5pm and junior matches will commence between the hours of 9am and 4pm.
- Both players / pairs are responsible for ensuring that the tie is played. If players fail to play the tie by the specified play-by-date and have not presented a satisfactory alternative date to the Tournament Committee (on or before the play-by-date) the tie will either be awarded to one player / pair (depending on circumstances) or be decided by toss of a coin by the Tournament Committee.
- Scores. These should be texted / emailed to Ash as soon as possible after the match. Draws and results will be posted online, full details of this will be sent to players once the draws are made.
- Queries. All queries about the championships should be directed to Ashley Webster, The Tournament Committee’s decision is final. Contact details are given below.
- Ashley (Ash) Webster, 07545 846744 or Swatennis@hotmail.com
- Keith Fowler, 07974 330043 or email@example.com